Chocolate chip cookies filled with toasted hazelnuts then dipped in melted chocolate and sprinkled with chopped hazelnuts. These delicious Hazelnut Cookies were created because of my love of Ferrero Rocher chocolates. I had a very large bag of toasted hazelnuts and lots of chocolate chips leftover in my pantry from my Christmas baking that I wanted to use up. This is what transpired.
Chocolate chip cookies filled with toasted hazelnuts then dipped in melted chocolate and sprinkled with chopped hazelnuts.
- 2 1/4 Cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Sticks Butter softened
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 3/4 Cup Light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 Cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 12 ounce bag Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside. Beat the sugars with the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time beating until well between each addition. Add vanilla and beat until incorporated. Gradually blend dry ingredients with creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes on middle rack.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then remove with spatula to cooling rack.
- Place chocolate chips in double boiler over gently simmering water stirring constantly until melted. (Shortening can be added to thin chocolate a tablespoon at a time if needed.) Once cookies are cooled dip half of cookie in melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts. Place dipped cookies on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper until chocolate sets.
- *You can put them in the refrigerator to speed up the hardening of the chocolate.
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties: