My mom loves to make this Zucchini Bake recipe all year round and serves it in different ways but her favorite is to serve it in bite sized pieces as an appetizer. With the combination of kielbasa, bacon and cheese I think it makes a nice addition to a brunch menu as well.
Our home is located on a beautiful lake in the town we live in. We belong to the lake association which holds different events throughout the year. One of theses events is the annual rafting party. Everyone congregates on their boats in an area of the lake, anchors and boat hops! Party goers bring different tasty treats to share at this fun floating party. This Zucchini Bake recipe is usually on my moms list. Over the years she has received many requests for this recipe, so here it is. Hope you enjoy it!
This delicious Zucchini Bake is an easy recipe to put together when you need a quick appetizer. Place bite sized pieces on a platter with some greens for an elegant presentation.
- 4 Cups Zucchini diced
- 1 Cup Kielbasa chopped casing removed
- 1/2 Cup Bacon or bacon bits cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Canola oil
- 5 Large eggs
- 1 Large onion diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Chopped fresh italian parsley
- 1 1/2 Cup Bisquick mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients except for the Bisquick in a large mixing bowl. Once well combined, gradually add Bisquick to incorporate. Pour into baking dish and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 1/2 hour before cutting.