With the holidays closing in on us it’s time to start menu planning. Thanksgiving is all about two things around here…being with family and the food! Over the years my family has definitely fallen in love with different dishes and they have become a staple on the Thanksgiving table. This Cheesy Cauliflower recipe is one of those dishes that our Thanksgiving would not be complete without!
This delicious recipe was shared with me by my former mother-in-law. While working full time as a nurse and raising a family she became quite good at finding recipes that were amazingly delicious but also super quick and easy to make. That’s one of my favorite things about this recipe for Cheesy Cauliflower. It’s a great make-ahead dish when you have a large menu that you’re planning. Cook the cauliflower and make the cheese mixture ahead of time then right before serving spread the cheese mixture over the cauliflower and pop it in the microwave. Simple!
When I started making this for my family my brother-in-law nicknamed it “Brains” because…well…it looks like brains! So that’s what we all call it now! Enjoy! 🙂
This Cheesy Cauliflower recipe is one of those dishes that our Thanksgiving would not be complete without. It's simple enough to make for a weeknight meal too which I do often.
- One head of cauliflower
- 3/4 Cup Mayonaise
- 1 Tablespoons Dijon mustard or brown mustard
- 3/4 Cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup Minced sweet onion
- Cut away leaves from cauliflower.
- Boil or steam cauliflower on stovetop until tender. About 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain water. Let cool. Place cauliflower in serving bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- When ready to serve. Spread cheese mixture over cauliflower and cook in microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted.
Loving this Cheesy Cauliflower and looking for more great sides? Here are a few more of my family’s favorites!
If you would like to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ just click on the social media buttons at the top right hand corner of the page and it will bring you right to my page. Once you’re there just hit “like” or “follow”! Easy! It’s a great way for you to see when I add something new!
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties: