WARNING….You won’t be able to just eat one cookie! The bright fresh flavors in these Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies make them the perfect Summertime treat for your next gathering. However…you may want to make a double batch to prevent full blown cookie fights!
I knew I was going to have to work fast if I was going to get any pictures of these cookies. Once my son got a hold of these guys I knew they were going to disappear! Thumbprint and shortbread cookies are his all time favorites!
Lucky for me I got them baked and photographed before he got home because as soon as he walked through the door 4 cookies were quickly scooped up and never to be seen again!
I used one of Martha Stewart’s thumbprint cookie recipes for the dough and adapted the filling. These buttery delicious cookies just melt in your mouth. I dare you to just eat one!
WARNING....You won't be able to just eat one cookie! The bright fresh flavors in these Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies make them the perfect Summertime treat for your next gathering. However...you may want to make a double batch to prevent full blown cookie fights!
- 2 Sticks Unsalted butter ,softened
- 1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Large Egg yolks ,room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 ,10 ounce jar Lemon curd
- Confectioner sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar with a mixer until pale and fluffy. Add yolks and vanilla, and beat for 1 minute. Reduce speed to low, and beat in flour and salt until combined. Cover, and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour (or up to 1 day).
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet. Press finger or thumb into center of each dough ball to make an indentation.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and fill each indent with enough lemon curd to fill but not overflowing. (You may need to press down on each indentation a bit as they may slightly raise after baking)
- Put back in oven and bake for an additional 6-8 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Remove cookies and place on cooling rack.
- Once cooled completely sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Cookie dough recipe adapted from Martha Stewart’s Key Lime Thumbprint Cookies
These Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies are perfect for a Summer tea party, Bridal or Baby Shower!
Here are some more tasty cookie recipes for you to try this Summer. Just click on the picture for the recipe.
If you would like to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ just click on the social media buttons at the top right hand corner of the page and it will bring you right to my page. Once you’re there just hit “like” or “follow”! Easy! It’s a great way for you to see when I add something new!
Oh yeah….and if you would like to share this recipe you can just use the share buttons right at the bottom of this post. I would appreciate it so much! Sharing is caring!
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties: