An easy weeknight meal that’s good for you! This Healthy Turkey Meatloaf is mixed with Spinach & Herbs and just the right amount of seasoning to give you a mouthful of flavor in every bite!
I’m so glad that my family loves meatloaf because it’s such an easy meal to whip up during the week. Just mix all the ingredients in a bowl, form the mixture into a loaf and pop it in the oven. Easy and delicious!
One of our favorite meatloaf recipes is Mom’s Stuffed Meatloaf. That recipe is definitely more of a special occasion recipe and requires a bit more work but oh so delicious!
Whenever I make a weeknight meatloaf like this one I usually use ground turkey to save on the calories. Plus my daughter prefers ground turkey over meat anyway so it’s a win win. This Healthy Turkey Meatloaf was a new recipe that I tried out and was just so tasty I had to share it. The Spinach & Herbs and other added spices gave it so much flavor I found myself picking pieces off as I put the left overs away!
If you prefer beef over ground turkey you could substitute a lean ground beef in its place. Either way you’ll have one tasty and healthy meal that’s low calorie. Even better you’ll be able to enjoy some family time instead of slaving over dinner!
An easy weeknight meal that's good for you! This Healthy Turkey Meatloaf is mixed with Spinach & Herbs and just the right amount of seasoning to give you a mouthful of flavor in every bite!
- 1 Large Onion ,finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves ,finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Dried thyme leaves or 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon Dried oregano
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes ,optional
- 1 Cup Roughly chopped fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ Cup Chicken broth
- 2 Pounds Lean ground turkey
- ¾ Cup Plain panko bread crumbs
- 2 Large Eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together with hands to combine.
- Place in a large roasting pan and form into a loaf.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes. Internal temperature should be 160 Degrees F.
Recipe adapted from Home Cooking Memories
This Healthy Turkey Meatloaf is a great way to sneak veggies into your picky eaters too! The smaller you chop everything up the more likely they’ll never even know they’re in there! It’s ok to be a little sneaky when you’re trying to get them to eat healthy right?
Sharing at: Create It Thursday
Here are some other healthy recipes from my Healthy Bites section for you to try. Just click on the picture for the recipe.