These luscious little Peanut Butter Lust Bars are like Peanut Butter Cups on steroids! Filled with crunchy cashews, rice crisps, marshmallows and chocolate chips. One bite and you’ll be in absolute lustful bliss!
I live in a small New England town where everyone knows everyone. You’re more likely to see a cow in the middle of the road than a stop light. In fact I think we only have one stop light. So you can imagine there’s really not a lot of business in this tiny town of mine.
Never heard of a Peanut Butter Lust Bar?
Well you’re world is about to get rocked! Trust them when they say “one bite and you will forever be lusting for them!”
They are one of my favorite sweet treats so I decided to try my hand at making my own. Yes, I could just drive down the street to our Center Country Store or to Eaton Farm Confections for that matter but I like to cook and I like a challenge. Plus I wanted to make sure you all got to share in the Peanut Butter Lust experience!
I took a trip to the market, collected all the delicious ingredients for these lustful little bars and got to work. The end result? Pure lustful perfection in every bite! Enjoy!
These luscious little Peanut Butter Lust Bars are like Peanut Butter Cups on steroids! Filled with crunchy cashews, rice crisps, marshmallows and chocolate chips. One bite and you'll be in absolute lustful bliss!
- 1 1/2 Cups Creamy peanut butter
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted butter ,softened
- 2 Cups Confectioner sugar
- 1 Cup Chopped unsalted cashews
- 1 Cup Rice crisp cereal
- 1 Cup Mini marshmallows
- 1 Cup Mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 24 ounce bag Milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate, depending on your preference
- 4 Tablespoons Shortening
- In the bowl of a stand mixer whip together peanut butter and unsalted butter for 3-5 minutes until smooth and creamy. Gradually add sifted confectioner sugar in a little at a time on low speed. Once all two cups are added turn mixer to high and whip for 2 minutes. Fold in cashews, rice crisps, marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Place wax paper in a 9x13 pan to cover the bottom and side. Carefully spread your peanut butter mixture in the bottom of the pan in an even layer. Place in the freezer to set.
- In the mean time. Melt the 24 ounces of chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler until smooth. Stir in shortening until melted to thin chocolate to make it easier for coating. Once melted turn off the heat.
- Once peanut butter mixture is firm remove from freezer. Grab the edges of the wax paper and lift mixture out. Turn over onto a large cutting board and remover wax paper. Use a large chopping knife or pizza cutter to cut into bars. Slice whatever size you like. I ended up with about 36.
- Place a large cooling rack in a cookie sheet. Place bars on the rack and spoon a dollop of melted chocolate on each letting it spill over to cover top and sides. (You may need to spread the chocolate slightly with the back of the spoon or a butter knife)
- Place sheet in freezer to set chocolate. Once set remove from freezer and turn bars over and coat the other side with chocolate. Return to freezer to set. Once chocolate has set place bars in a container to store in the fridge. Separate each layer with a piece of wax paper.
- ** If your bars stick to cooling rack after removing from freezer wait a couple minutes for is to soften and if should lift off fine. Try grasping and slightly twisting as you lift them or gently slide a butter knife under to help lift them.
Stop by Eaton Farm Confections to enjoy a Peanut Butter Lust Bar if you’re in the area or pick one up at the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery Maine. Until then try out my “copy cat” recipe and begin the Lusting now! And no…I was not compensated for this post in any way. I’m just in lust with them!
Here are some more of my favorite sweet treats for you to try! Just click on the picture for the recipe.