Make some delicious Summertime memories with a batch of Stuffed Smores Cupcakes! In fact, why wait for Summer?! You can make these babies anytime of the year! No campfire needed!
How to make the best Stuffed Smores Cupcakes
I have been dreaming about making these amazing little cupcakes for quite some time now. I knew exactly how I wanted each flavor layered in these absolutely dreamy Smores Cupcakes.
First, I would bake a graham cracker crust into the bottom of my cupcake liner. Then add chopped up milk chocolate bits on top of the crust. Next my delicious chocolate cake batter would be baked on top. Finally, a light and creamy marshmallow textured whipped frosting would finish things off.
Today my dream came to fruition and it turned out even better than I imagined!
There’s nothing that quite feels more like summer than sitting around a crackling campfire toasting marshmallows and making smores!
Well now you can have that Summertime feeling any time of year with these delectable Smores Cupcakes.
No campfire or sticks needed. Just peel back the cupcake wrapper and enjoy!
These Smores Cupcakes were taste tested and approved by 10 out of 10 teenagers!
My daughter finally finished school this week. She invited a few friends over to swim and relax. They picked the perfect day to kick off their Summer vacation. I was in baking mode and was so happy I had someone to help me eat all these cupcakes!
There’s no better taste testers than hungry teenagers!
Graham cracker crust baked into the bottom of cupcake liners and topped with chopped up milk chocolate bits. Next my delicious chocolate cake batter is baked on top of the crust. Finally, a light and creamy marshmallow textured whipped frosting is added to finish things off.
- 1 3/4 Cup All-purpose flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tablespoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 tespoon Salt
- 1 Cup Buttermilk or 1 Cup milk with 1 Tablespoon vinegar added
- 1 Cup Strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 Cup Canola oil
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs
- 3 Cups Crushed graham crackers
- 1 Stick Unsalted butter melted
- 10 ounces Chopped milk chocolate (I used hershey bars)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line approximately 24 standard muffin tins with paper liners. (You may need extra.)
- Mix 3 cups of crushed graham crackers with 1 stick of melted butter and press 1 tablespoon in each muffin tin. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle a layer of chopped chocolate on top of each crust. Set aside.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 Degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Using a whisk mix until all dry ingredients are well combined.
- Create a gully in the center of dry ingredients and add remaining ingredients except eggs. Whisk together. Add eggs and whisk by hand for 2-3 minutes. Once incorporated mix for another 3 minutes with electric hand mixer on high speed periodically scraping sides of bowl.
- Pour batter over crust in each tin. Fill almost to the top as it will settle a bit. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside and cool completely.
- In the top of a double boiler over simmering water combine sugar, cream of tartar, salt, water and egg whites. Beat with an electric hand mixer on high for 5-7 minutes until frosting has become stiff and shiny and can hold stiff peaks. Remove from heat and add vanilla and mix for an additional minute. Set aside to cool.
- Fill a pastry bag with frosting and top each cooled cupcake with a dollop of frosting.
- To toast top of frosting use a kitchen torch and quickly pass flame over the top of each cupcake.
- (I didn't have a kitchen torch so I held each cupcake carefully over the flame of a candle and rotated to toast the top.) You need to be very carful not to catch the paper liner on fire though!
Originally posted on July 1st 2014.
Are you craving more delicious cupcakes recipes?
No worries! I’ve got you covered. Here are some more of our favorite Cupcake recipes.
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties