This spicy recipe for Calamari is a tasty combination of white wine, garlic and pepperoncini peppers. If you love Calamari this is a must try recipe.
Servings 8 people
- 3 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic ,minced
- 3/4 Cup White wine
- 1 ,16 ounce jar Deli-sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 17.6 ounce (1-lb 1.6 ounce) package of frozen whole cleaned Calamari (whole bodies & tentacles) 1.6 ounce) package of frozen whole cleaned Calamari (whole bodies & tentacles)
- leaves Endive leaves ,for serving if desired
Defrost/Thaw Calamari in refrigerator overnight.
Pull out tentacles (leave tentacles whole)
Cut/Slice the Calamari bodies into rings.
Rinse and pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add minced garlic and stir to flavor the oil. (do not burn the garlic)
Add the white wine and bring to a simmer. Cook for about one minute to slightly reduce.
Add the jar of pepperoncinis including the liquid and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Lastly, add all of the Calamari and cook for about 45 seconds- one minute. They cook very quickly so taste for doneness. (overcooking will toughen the calamari.)
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 174mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 21IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg