Tuscan Bean Soup
Comfort food at its best. This Tuscan Bean Soup is so hearty and full of flavor they won't realize they're eating healthy!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 1 Medium onion ,chopped
- 6 Cloves Garlic ,chopped
- 4 teaspoons Dried or 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Red pepper flakes ,if you like it spicy you can add 1 teaspoon
- 1 Cup Julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil ,drained
- 2 Medium carrots Chopped
- 3 ,16 ounce cans Cannellini beans ,Drained, rinsed and divided
- 5 Cups Chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil for sauteeing
- 2 Cups Pasta shells ,optional
Cook pasta (if using) according to package directions and set aside.
In a large sauce pan heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, rosemary, carrots, and red pepper flakes. Sautee for 2-3 minutes. Add 3 C broth, tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups of beans and bay leaves. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes.
Pour soup into a blender or food processor and puree for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your machine.
Pour puree back into sauce pan add 1-2 more cups of broth to thin soup. Add remaining beans and pasta. Heat through and serve.
*To make this recipe vegetarian use vegetable broth
*To make it gluten free either eliminate the pasta or use a gluten free pasta
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 787mg | Potassium: 622mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3680IU | Vitamin C: 35.9mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.5mg