Creamy White Chicken Chili
A little twist on the traditional...This Creamy White Chicken Chili is just as delicious and just as spicy as traditional Red Chili!
Servings 10 people
- 1 1/2 Pounds Boneless chicken breast
- 1 Large Yellow Onion ,chopped
- 3 Stalks Celery ,diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic ,minced
- 3 Jalapeno peppers ,diced
- 2 ,32 Ounce containers Chicken Broth
- 3 ,15 ounce cans Canellini Beans
- 1 ,15 ounce package Frozen Corn kernels
- 2 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper ,add more or less depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro ,chopped
- Juice from one and a half limes
- 2 ,8 ounce package Cream Cheese ,softened
- 1 Cup Half and half
- 4 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced avocado
- Sour Cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla strips ,these can generally be found with the croutons in the market
Season your chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook in a skillet, let cool enough to handle and shred cooked chicken with a fork or cut into small pieces. Set aside.
In a large pot or dutch oven, saute onions, celery, garlic and jalapeno peppers, in oil for about 5 minutes until tender.
Add chicken broth to pot and bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer. Add cumin, chili powder, oregano and cayenne pepper. Stir to mix into broth.
Add the lime juice.
In a small bowl mix cream cheese, half and half and corn starch together. Add a 1/2 cup of hot broth in with the cream cheese mixture and stir until smooth. Add cream cheese mixture into your pot and stir to mix well.
Add chicken, corn and cannellini beans to pot and let heat about 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro, taste and then add salt and pepper as needed.
Remove from heat and serve with desired toppings.
Reduced fat cream cheese can be used if desired.
Chili can be transferred to a crockpot to keep warm, just be sure to keep on low once cream cheese and half and half are added so you don't curdle it.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 371mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 0.8mg