Tender coffee flavored muffins with mini chocolate chips and finished with a chocolate swirl. These Mochaccino Muffins are the perfect treat to go with your morning coffee!
Servings 18 Muffins
- 3/4 Cup Coconut oil melted
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut milk yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Instant coffee mixed with 1 Tbsp. boiling water
- 2 1/2 Cups All purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 3/4 Cup Mini chocolate chips lactose free
For the cocoa swirl
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut oil melted
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons Light brown sugar
For the muffins
In a large bowl beat the coconut oil and sugar to combine. Add eggs one at a time mixing well between each addition. Beat in the yogurt and coffee mixture.
In a medium bowl sift together the flour and baking powder.
Gently mix four mixture into the wet ingredients just enough to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Spoon into prepared muffin tins evenly.
Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the cocoa swirl mixture on top of each muffin. Use a toothpick to swirl into the muffin batter in a circular motion.
Bake on middle rack of oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1.1mg