Crockpot Turkey Chili
Just the right amount of spicy and the perfect amount of healthy! Keep your guests happy, healthy and warm at your next game day party with this Crockpot Turkey Chili!
Servings 12 people
- 1 Large Yellow onion ,chopped
- 1 Large Green pepper ,chopped
- 1 Jalepeno pepper ,chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic ,chopped
- 2 Pounds Lean ground turkey
- 1 ,6 ounce can Diced green chilis
- 1 ,12 ounce bottle Dark ale ,I used a chocolate stout
- 2 ,28 ounce cans Red kidney beans ,drained and rinsed
- 2 ,28 ounce cans Whole tomatoes ,I like to use Cento or Pastene San Marzano
- 1 ,28 ounce can Ground peeled tomatoes
- 1 ,6 ounce can Tomato paste
- 8 Tablespoons Chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons Cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons Cayenne pepper ,depending on how spicy you like it
- A few drops of tobasco sauce
- 1 Bay leaf
Place whole tomatoes, ground peeled tomatoes, and tomato paste in a large crockpot.
In a large sautee pan or skillet, sautee onions in a tablespoon of olive oil for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and sautee 1 minute longer. Remove and add to crockpot.
Add a little more olive oil to sautee pan and sautee green peppers and jalapeno for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Remove to crockpot.
Sautee ground turkey until browned and cooked. Remove to crockpot.
Add remaining ingredients to crockpot except for beans. Stir and cover. Turn on high and cook for 2-4 hours or on low for 4-6 hours. Add beans in the last half hour of cook time.
Stir and serve.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 130mg | Potassium: 393mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1745IU | Vitamin C: 13.7mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2.3mg