Caprese Quinoa Salad
Caprese Quinoa Salad is the perfect healthy side dish for you to serve at your next cookout. All the wonderful flavors of Caprese Salad with the addition of quinoa for a little extra protein boost.
Servings 6 people
- 1 Cup Uncooked,quinoa ,prepared according to package directions
- 8 Ounces Fresh mozzarella ,diced
- 1 Cup Cherry tomatoes ,halved
- 1/2 Cup Fresh basil leaves ,chiffonade
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt and pepper ,to taste
Cook quinoa according package directions in either two cups of water or chicken broth.
Let quinoa cool to room temperature and then chill in the fridge.
In a large bowl toss quinoa with remaining ingredients and then chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 285mg | Potassium: 260mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 495IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 213mg | Iron: 1.8mg