Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast
Tender and juicy Chicken Breast is butterflied, tenderized and then stuffed with an ooey gooey Cheddar Cheese & Broccoli mixture.
Servings 6 people
- 2 Pounds Boneless skinless chicken breast ,about 4 breasts total
- 1 Cup Chopped Broccoli ,finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Spinach ,optional
- 1 Cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaisse ,Cream Cheese can also be substituted for this
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Broccoli Cheese Filling
Finely chop about 4-5 broccoli florets to equal roughly 1 cup.
Finely Chop 1/2 cup of baby spinach.
Place broccoli, spinach, cheddar cheese and mayo into a mixing bowl and toss well to coat. Then set aside.
Butterfly your chicken breasts
On a cutting board covered with plastic wrap carefully cut through the breast leaving a bit still attached on the other side.
Then fold the breast open so you have one large thinner breast.
Cover your butterflied chicken breast with plastic wrap and lightly pound with a meat tenderizer or rolling pin.
Add salt and pepper to both sides of your breast and then place a large spoonful of the broccoli cheese filling in the center of the breast.
Fold one end of the chicken breast of the filling and continue to roll so all of the filling is covered.
Secure the end of the chicken breast with a toothpick.
Repeat with all of your chicken breasts.
Cooking your Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Preheat oven to 425 Degrees Farenheit. Preheat an oven safe skillet on your stove top over medium high- high heat until it gets nice and hot. Place about 2 tablespoons of olive oil into your pan and add your chicken. Sear all of the sides of your chicken for a few seconds until it forms a nice browned coating.
Place seared chicken in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. Chicken should be cooked when it's internal temperature reaches 165 Degrees F.
Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes then cut and serve.
Tips for stretching this meal
Tips for preparing the Broccoli Cheese Filling
- Butterfly and tenderize the chicken
- Cut Stuffed Chicken Breasts into slices and place on a serving dish.
Other important tips
- Chop broccoli up nice and small so it cooks perfectly
- Adding other veggies that you like is fine as long as you don't add so many that your cheese/mayo/veggie ratio gets thrown off.
- Some other good veggies to add would be red pepper, spinach, garlic, onion. What ever your favorites are.
- Preheating your skillet is vital to searing in the juices in the chicken breast.
- Remove the toothpick before serving so no one gets any surprise ingredients!!!
Serving: 5ounces | Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 329mg | Potassium: 640mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 563IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 1mg