Ripe juicy peaches and blackberries are joined together in this Blackberry Peach Cobbler to make one heavenly summer dessert!
Summer has arrived and has brought a bounty of delicious fruits that are in season for a short time. Peaches and blackberries are two of my favorites. I found this awesome recipe a few years ago in a Southern Living Magazine and made a few of my own adaptions. It has become one of my family’s favorite summer desserts.Its very easy to make and the perfect sweet treat to serve at your next summer gathering.
Ripe juicy peaches and blackberries are joined together to make one heavenly summer dessert!
- 3/4 Cup Firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted butter ,melted
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups All purpose flour
- 1 Cup Oatmeal
- 4 Cups Peeled and sliced fresh ripe peaches about 4 large peaches
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Fresh blackberries
- In a medium bowl stir all the ingredients together until crumbs are formed.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 inch pan.
- In a large saucepan combine peaches, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and boil, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until juices have thickened. Remove from heat and stir in blackberries.
- Pour into baking dish and top with oatmeal mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Serve your Blackberry Peach Cobbler warmed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for extra deliciousness!
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties: