Ripe juicy peaches and blackberries are joined together in this Blackberry Peach Cobbler to make one heavenly summer dessert!
Summer has arrived and has brought a bounty of delicious fruits that are in season for a short time.
Peaches and blackberries are two of my favorites. So you can understand why it was love at first site when I found this recipe.
A few years ago I was thumbing through a Southern Living Magazine and found this guy making googly eyes at me!
Since then it has become one of my family’s favorite Summer desserts.
Why this is the Perfect Summer Dessert
Once the warm sunny days of Summer arrive the last thing I want to do is be stuck in the kitchen, right? I like easy delicious recipes that I can whip up and then get outside to enjoy the beautiful day.
Not only is this recipe delicious, it’s very easy to make, which makes it the perfect sweet treat to serve at your next Summer gathering.
Tips for making Blackberry Peach Cobbler
Use ripe peaches- It’s important to use peaches that are ripe and juicy. This will aid in producing a nice flavorful and juicy filling.
What to do if filling seems dry- If you feel like your peaches are on the dry side once they are cooked down you can add a bit of water to them. Start with about 1/4 cup and continue to cook until a nice syrup is formed.
Blackberry Peach Cobbler
- 3/4 Cup Firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted butter ,melted
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups All purpose flour
- 1 Cup Oatmeal
- 4 Cups Peeled and sliced fresh ripe peaches about 4 large peaches
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Fresh blackberries
Prepare the topping
- In a medium bowl stir all the ingredients together until crumbs are formed.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 inch pan.
- In a large saucepan combine peaches, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and boil, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until juices have thickened. Remove from heat and stir in blackberries.
- Pour into baking dish and top with oatmeal mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Serve your Blackberry Peach Cobbler warmed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for extra deliciousness!
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties: