These Boursin Cheese & Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are melt in your mouth delicious. They’re so hearty you could even serve them as a meal! I’m not usually a fan of Stuffed Mushrooms but Mom made these a couple weeks ago and I found myself going back for a second helping! I always taste everything that makes its way onto my blog. I wasn’t really looking forward to taste testing these but boy was I in for a surprise!
Really, how can you go wrong with Boursin Cheese mixed in to the stuffing! I love the fact that the stuffing isn’t overly bready. You can actually taste the big pieces of lump crab in every delicious bite. They make the perfect appetizer to bring to a party but they are so filling you could actually serve them as a meal!
These Boursin Cheese & Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are melt in your mouth delicious. They're so hearty you could even serve them as a meal!
- 24 Large Stuffer mushrooms
- 3-4 Tablespoons Olive oil ,divided
- 5-6 Scallions ,sliced thin or ¼ C minced shallots
- ½ Cup Cream cheese ,softened
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh parsley ,finely chopped
- 1 tespoon Garlic ,minced
- 2 teaspoons Lemon zest
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ,5.6 ounce container Light Boursin garlic herb cheese dip
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Bread crumbs
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 ,16 ounce container Lump crab
- 1 teaspoon Tobasco hot sauce ,optional
- 1/2 Cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Paprika or cayenne to sprinkle on top
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Wipe mushrooms clean.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, chop fine and set aside.
- Scoop out the membrane from the inside of the mushroom cap and discard.
- Place mushroom caps on a lightly greased cookie sheet and brush with olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat some of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute the scallions, garlic and reserved finely chopped mushroom stems in the oil until softened about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the cream cheese and Boursin cheese, place this mixture into a mixing bowl. Mix in the parsley,lemon zest, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, egg, mayo, and hot sauce.
- Add the lump crabmeat and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the filling into the mushroom caps and sprinkle with paprika or cayenne pepper. Bake for 25 minutes then remove and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Put back in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are browned and the filling is hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve.
If you’re not a fan of stuffed mushrooms don’t let that stop you from giving these Boursin Cheese & Crab Stuffed Mushrooms a taste. You may pleasantly surprised like I was!
Here are some of my other favorite appetizers for you to try. Just click on the picture for the recipe.