These Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings are the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. A definite crowd pleaser on game day!
When it’s game day in our house it’s a pretty sure bet that you will find some sort of “wing” recipe on the game day menu. Mom’s Garlic & Soy Chicken Wings and Paul’s Sweet & Spicy Wings have been family favorites for years now. I knew I was on a slippery slope going off script and making a new Chicken Wing recipe.
Lucky for me these Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings were a huge success! Sometimes trying something new can be a good thing. After all there’s a whole world of flavors and spices out there and if we didn’t try out new things we may be missing out on a new favorite!
Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
For the Wings
- 2 Pounds Chicken wings
- 2 Tablespoons Softened butter
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Sesame seeds for garnish
For the honey Sriracha glaze
- 5 Tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon All-purpose flour or corn starch
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
To make the glaze,
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until slightly browned, about 1 minute. Stir in honey, Sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice. Bring to a boil; simmer until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine wings, butter, vegetable oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place wings onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, using metal tongs to turn at half way through. Brush wings with Sriracha glaze and broil for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp and crusted on. Turn wings over and repeat.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro and sesame seeds, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
Game day wouldn’t be complete without some sort of Wing Recipe! These Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings make the perfect appetizer for your next party!
Here are some other great appetizers to try for your next party. Just click on the picture for the recipe.
If you would like to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ just click on the social media buttons at the top right hand corner of the page and it will bring you right to my page. Once you’re there just hit “like” or “follow”! Easy! It’s a great way for you to see when I add something new!
Oh yeah….and if you would like to share this recipe you can just use the share buttons right at the bottom of this post. I would appreciate it so much! Sharing is caring!
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties: