Quinoa can be a bit boring until he has a party and invites some tasty friends! This Apple Walnut Quinoa Salad is anything but boring! Loaded with chunks of juicy green apples, crunchy walnuts, bits of cheddar cheese and then drizzled with Apple Cider Vinaigrette. Let’s get this party started!
By now we all know how good Quinoa is for us right? Unfortunately 99% of the time just because something is good for us doesn’t make us eat it. If you’re anything like me if it’s going to make its way into your body it has to get the approval of your taste buds first. If my taste buds had thumbs they’d be giving this Apple Walnut Quinoa Salad the thumbs up!
Cold Quinoa Salads make the perfect grab and go lunch! Just throw some in a single serving size tupperware container and you have your lunch for the following day ready to go. Now instead of spending money to go out for lunch and eating something unhealthy you’ll have this delicious, healthy treat waiting for you. Use the extra time that you’ll have to go for a walk or meditate. It’ll give you the boost you need to make it through the rest of the day!
Quinoa Salad is definitely my new go to lunch. Whether its this Apple Walnut Quinoa Salad or my delicious Caprese Quinoa Salad eating healthy just got a lot more tasty!
Quinoa can be a bit boring until he has a party and invites some tasty friends! This Apple Walnut Quinoa Salad is anything but boring! Loaded with chunks of juicy green apples, crunchy walnuts, bits of cheddar cheese and then drizzled with Apple Cider Vinaigrette. Let's get this party started!
- 1 Cup Uncooked red quinoa ,cooked according to package directions.
- 1 Large Granny smith apple cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Cup Walnuts ,chopped
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese, cut into cubes (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 Cup Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing of your choice
- Make quinoa according to package directions and let cool completely. Toss with apples, walnuts, cheese and parsley. Drizzle about 3/4 cup of Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette over and mix well to incorporate. Cover and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Serve this Apple Walnut Quinoa Salad in place of pasta or potato salad this Summer.
As the warm weather approaches and we begin our outdoor entertaining keep this recipe in mind. Apple Walnut Quinoa Salad is a great healthy alternative to pasta or potato salad!
Sharing at: Create It Thursday
Here are some more recipes from my “Healthy Bites” section. Just click on the picture for the recipe.