Five ingredients and 20 minutes is all you need to be munching on this healthy homemade Banana Nut Granola!
This homemade granola was so easy to make I can’t believe I hadn’t made it sooner! You literally dump all the ingredients in a bowl, mix it and spread it on a parchment lined cookie sheet then pop it in the oven to bake. It doesn’t get easier than that and it was so delicious I had to stop myself from eating the whole batch!
I love adding a little bit of granola to the top of my yogurt. It was the perfect addition to add to my 5 Minute Healthy Blueberry Yogurt to give it a little crunch. It makes a great healthy breakfast treat when I’m trying to watch what I eat.
It’s the perfect healthy snack to keep around for the kids and because you made it yourself you know exactly what’s in it.
Most pre-packaged granolas contain a lot of processed sugars. Honey is sweeter which allows you to use less without sacrificing flavor. Plus small amounts of honey can be good for you.
Other added benefits to using local honey in your Banana Nut Granola
Using local honey in your Homemade Granola has other added benefits too. They say that you can even diminish or completely clear up your pollen allergies by eating honey produced by local bees!
I made Banana Nut Granola but you could easily add any flavors you like and just use this recipe as a guide. Pick your favorite dried fruit and nuts and get creative!
Banana Nut Granola
- 1 1/2 Cups Old fashioned Oats ,not the quick cooking time ones
- 1/2 Cup Roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 Cup Roughly chopped dried banana chips
- 1 Tablespoons Coconut oil ,melted
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Mix melted coconut oil and honey together then add to dry and mix with a rubber spatula until everything is well combined.
- Spread into an even layer on parchment. Place on middle rack of oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Watch closely to prevent burning.
- **Granola will remain soft until it has cooled. After it is cooled it will become crunchy.
- **Feel free to double recipe if you want a larger batch.
Once you try this homemade Banana Nut Granola you’ll never want to buy the packaged stuff again!
Here are some more of my favorite banana recipes. Just click on the picture for the recipe.
Leave a Reply