Get the fiesta started with the Best Homemade Queso Dip Recipe ever! Spicy, creamy, delicious Mexican Queso Dip!
If you’re looking for that perfect Game Day appetizer or side dish to put your Taco Tuesday or Cinco De Mayo meal over the top, look no further! This Homemade Queso Dip is numero uno!
We celebrated my son’s 23rd birthday over the weekend. Yup! I can’t believe it either. How is it possible that my baby is 23? Well, apparently I blinked and it happened!
I feel like it was just yesterday that I was 23. I was married and pregnant with him! Wow!
My son’s all time favorite food it Mexican food so that’s what he requested as his birthday meal. Spicy Shredded Beef, Homemade Fresh Salsa (Pico de Gallo), Homemade Guacamole, Rice and this amazing Homemade Queso Dip!
Mom found a Salsa music CD to play to make our fiesta complete! It totally made us feel like we were South of the Border. (I know technically Salsa is Cuban but it definitely has that Spanish feel).
My son is somewhat of a connoisseur of pretty much any food but definitely Mexican since it’s his favorite. He LOVE’S spicy food! So when I get a thumbs up from him I know I did something right.
He said that this Homemade Queso Dip was the best he’s ever had! He kept asking me what I had put in it and whether I thought it’d still be good to eat on Sunday for the Super Bowl.
That definitely made me smile! I think I’ll make a new batch for our Super Bowl festivities though. It was very easy to make and it actually reheated nicely too. We put it in my fondue pot on low to keep it warm and it was perfect. So if you’re serving this at your Super Bowl party this weekend then just place it in a fondue pot or crockpot and it will stay nice and warm for hours.
Best Homemade Queso Dip Recipe
- 2 Shallots ,diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic ,minced
- 2 Jalapeno peppers ,diced
- 2 Chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce (canned), diced
- 1 3/4 Cups Half & Half
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 4 Ounces Cream cheese ,cut into pieces
- 8 Ounces Mild cheddar cheese ,shredded
- 4 Ounces Extra sharp cheddar cheese ,shredded
- In a medium sauce pan heat a tablespoon of olive oil and sautee, shallots, garlic and jalapeno peppers for 3 minutes.
- Add the half & half and chipotle peppers. Whisk in the cornstarch and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and whisk in mustard and cream cheese.
- Stir until all of the cream cheese is melted into the mixture.
- Gradually add cheddar cheeses stirring to incorporate. Continue until all cheese is added and melted together.
- Serve immediately or put into a crockpot or fondue pot on low to keep warm.
- Refrigerate unused sauce. It will become hard in the fridge when chilled. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove top to soften.
This Best Homemade Queso Dip Recipe is the perfect easy appetizer for your Game Day festivities or side to go with your Cinco De Mayo dinner!
Here are more delicious recipe for your to try. Just click on the picture for the recipe.