Flaky buttery croissants are covered with juicy blueberries, cream cheese and coated with cinnamon and sugar to create one scrumptious morning treat! This Blueberry & Cheese Croissant Casserole may become a new family favorite!
The great thing about this breakfast casserole is the fact that you can make it the night before. I don’t know about you but I enjoy sleeping in in the morning whenever I get the chance. I was able to make this sensational casserole for breakfast and still get my beauty sleep!
I love using croissants in this casserole because of their buttery flaky texture. The combination of cinnamon, sugar and freshly squeezed orange juice definitely put the flavor factor over the top and the creamy layer of cream cheese had me digging in for seconds and if I’m being completely honest…thirds!
Mother’s Day will be here before you know it. Wouldn’t Mom love to wake up to this special breakfast?
Blueberry & Cheese Croissant Casserole
- 12 Croissants ,if they are very large use about 6
- 1 ,8 ounce package Cream Cheese ,cubed
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries or frozen, thawed and drained
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted butter ,melted
- 2 Cups Milk
- 3/4 Cup Light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 8 Large Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Grease a deep 8x11 baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together melted butter, milk, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Set aside
- Slice croissants in half and layer half of them on the bottom of your prepared baking dish. Cover with half of your cream cheese and sprinkle with half of your blueberries.
- Top with remaining croissant halves. Sprinkle with remaining cream cheese and blueberries.
- Pour egg mixture over croissants and let sit for a few minutes to soak up the mixture.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for about 55 minutes. Check periodically toward end of cook time. if it seems to be getting too brown on top place a loose piece of tin foil over the top.
This Blueberry & Cheese Croissant Casserole has become a new family favorite.
Maybe I’ll be lucky enough to have someone make it for me for Mother’s Day! 🙂
Here are some more tasty breakfast ideas for Mother’s Day. Just click on the picture for the recipe.
If you would like to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ just click on the social media buttons at the top right hand corner of the page and it will bring you right to my page. Once you’re there just hit “like” or “follow”! Easy! It’s a great way for you to see when I add something new!
Oh yeah….and if you would like to share this recipe you can just use the share buttons right at the bottom of this post. I would appreciate it so much! Sharing is caring!
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties: