Crisped little bread shells are filled with a savory cream cheese filling and topped with juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and balsamic vinegar. These Caprese Tartlets are the perfect little finger food for your next gathering!
Sometimes when you have a party, you invite a particular person and you just know they’re going to bring something fabulous to eat.
Do you know anyone like that? We have a family friend that really knows her way around the kitchen and is always making something incredible! Whenever I hear she’s making something to bring to a party I know we’re going to be in for a treat!
This is one of her recipes that I made over the weekend as an Easter appetizer. The only thing that I’ll make sure I do differently next time is Make More!! I think these little tartlets disappeared in under a minute!
Every bite is bursting with flavor so be prepared to be asked to share the recipe!
- 6 Slices White bread
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Cream cheese ,softened
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 20-30 Cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounce ball Fresh mozzarella ,thinly sliced and quartered
- Mixture of balsamic vinegar and olive oil for drizzling ,optional
- About 8 fresh basil leaves ,chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F. Set a mini muffin tin aside.
- Remove crusts from bread and using a rolling pin roll over bread several times to flattened.
- Cut into quarters. Brush both sides of bread with olive oil and press into mini muffin tin.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese, garlic, dried basil and salt and pepper using a fork.
- Spoon about 1/2 tsp into the bottom of each tart. Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with a piece of mozzarella, one or two slices of tomato and basil.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Then drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar if desired.
Loving these easy little Caprese Tartlets and looking for more tasty appetizers?
Try some of these. Just click on the picture below for the recipe!
If you would like to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ just click on the social media buttons at the top right hand corner of the page and it will bring you right to my page. Once you’re there just hit “like” or “follow”! Easy! It’s a great way for you to see when I add something new!
Oh yeah….and if you would like to share this recipe you can just use the share buttons right at the bottom of this post. I would appreciate it so much! Sharing is caring!
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties:
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life says
Yum!! I love these, Nicole! What an awesome appetizer…pinning!
Nicole Crocker says
These look amazing! Yum!
Marjie @ Home Again Jiggety-jig! says
Your little toasted cups are delightful and so very, very clever. I never would have thought of that. Would be a fun appetizer for an Italian dinner.
Joy @ Joy Love Food says
These are so pretty and sound delicious! Perfect for a springtime party!