These delicious Chicken Quesadillas are one of my kid’s favorite dinners. I love them because they’re quick and easy to make!
We used to have taco night but once I came up with this yummy recipe, Chicken Quesadilla night seems to have taken its place. The only thing that makes these even better is when I make Fresh Salsa to go with them. Don’t forget that Cinco de Mayo is coming up. Chicken Quesadillas for dinner and Margarita Cupcakes for dessert!
- 2 Pounds Chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Package Taco seasoning I use McCormick's
- 2-3 Tablespoons .Olive oil
- 1 4 Cup Bag of shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
- 2 Cup Fresh salsa
- 8 Large tortillas
- In a large mixing bowl toss chicken, taco seasoning and olive oil together. Heat a large skillet on medium high heat with a small amount of oil. Once pan is hot enough cook chicken in batches. Remove to a clean platter. Using a clean large skillet wipe a small amount of oil in pan and heat on medium heat. Place one tortilla in heated pan and sprinkle approximately 1/4 C of chicken on half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with desired amount of cheese and salsa. Fold tortilla in half to cover chicken mixture. press down on top with spatula. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and carefully flip and cook on other side for 2-3 minutes. Remove to serving dish, cut in half and serve with fresh salsa,sour cream and whatever other sides you like!
Chicken Quesadillas are a great meal to serve on those busy nights. You can have dinner on the table in 20 minutes!