Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders are not your run of the mill Chicken Fingers! Tender chicken strips are coated with a layer Panko bread crumbs and coconut then baked to crispy perfection! Serve them with Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce for a complete tropical experience.
Yesterday I shared the recipe for Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce that went with these Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders. You’re going to want to link over to that recipe so you can have the complete tropical experience with this meal. It was the perfect combination of flavors.
When the warm weather arrives I begin to crave tropical flavors. Thankfully the warm weather has finally arrived here in the Northeast. I’m not sure how long it will last so I thought I’d take advantage of it and whip up some Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders.
I love how our taste buds change along with the seasons. Well at least mine do. Just when I start getting sick of the same old stuff the temperature changes and I begin craving a whole new flavor group. I get the urge to crank up the grill and make my Grilled Shrimp Scampi and I start craving lots of salads. I just naturally crave leaner lower calorie foods. I guess it’s my bodies internal way of saying hey….we need to fit into our Summer clothes!
I baked my Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders in the oven to try to make them a bit lighter but if you really want to bring the crispiness to the next level try frying them in some peanut oil. They are delicious either way you prepare them, I was just trying to save a bit on the calories since I’ll be needing to wear a bathing suit soon.
Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 1-1 1/2 Pounds Chicken tenders
- 1 Cup Plain panko bread crumbs
- 3 Large Eggs ,beaten
- 2 Cups Sweetened coconut ,shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs and coconut in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to egg mixture.
- Dip chicken pieces in the egg and then dredge in the coconut mixture to coat.
- Place on cookie sheet. Repeat until all tenders are coated.
- Lightly spray the top of your chicken with cooking spray to help crisp.
- Place in preheat oven and cook for about 15 minutes. Turn oven to broil and cook for another 5 minutes or until crisp and cooked through.
- Cook time may vary depending on the size of your chicken tenders.
- Serve with Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce
If you love having themed Dinner nights these Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders are the perfect dish for a Tropical Night!
Here are some of our other favorite chicken recipes for you to try. Just click on the picture for the recipe.