You’ll never miss the butter in these delicious Coconut Oil Chocolate Chips Cookies!
Ask and you shall receive!
The other day my daughter said to me, “You know what you should make?” “Chocolate Chip Cookies!”
I’m always cooking or baking something in my kitchen. My daughter suffers from lactose intolerance so she really tries to control her dairy intake and doesn’t always get to enjoy what I make. She had been craving some good old fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies. Nothing fancy. Just your basic cookie. So I came up with a recipe that substituted the butter with coconut oil, replaced the chocolate chips with some special allergy friendly chocolate chips and I whipped up a batch of cookies for her.
They were absolutely delicious and even though they didn’t have any butter added they still had that yummy buttery flavor.
I’d make them this way even if she didn’t have lactose intolerance issues!
Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 Cups All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Light brown sugar ,packed
- 1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Cup Coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Mini chocolate chips ,I use an allergy friendly brand that didn't contain any dairy
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F
- In a medium bowl combine flour,baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together both sugars and the coconut oil. Mix in eggs one at a time beating well between each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until it forms a dough. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet about an inch apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- *I baked mine on stoneware. It took about 13 minutes but it will depend on the size of your cookies.
- Check them after about 12 minutes and adjust time accordingly.
- Let cool for 2 minutes then remove cookies to a cooling rack using a spatula.
- Once cooled transfer cookies to serving platter.
Try making these Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies for your family! I bet they won’t even miss the butter!
Looking for more dairy free treats? Try some of these. Just click on the picture for the recipe!
If you would like to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ just click on the social media buttons at the top right hand corner of the page and it will bring you right to my page. Once you’re there just hit “like” or “follow”! Easy! It’s a great way for you to see when I add something new!
Oh yeah….and if you would like to share this recipe you can just use the share buttons right at the bottom of this post. I would appreciate it so much! Sharing is caring!
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties: