The aroma of Banana Bread baking in the oven brings back fond memories of my grandparents’ home. It seemed like there was always banana bread cooling on their kitchen counter when I would visit. When I make this Easy Banana Bread recipe it always makes me think of them.
How to make the Best Banana Bread
Making Banana Bread is easy especially with this recipe. Easy doesn’t always mean it’s good though right? There are a couple tricks that I’ve learned over the years to making the the Best Banana Bread that’s moist and delicious.
- Make sure you use “overripe bananas”. Not only will they be easier to mash up they will mix into your batter more uniformly and add a sweeter flavor.
- Use thawed frozen bananas. In my opinion this is the absolute best way to add bananas to banana bread. You will get the most moist and delicious product with this technique. It may not be the most appealing looking stuff when you thaw your frozen bananas but trust me… it’s liquid gold!
Whenever I’m at the market I make sure I stock up on bananas and let them ripen on the counter for a few days. I peel and store them in a ziplock bag in the freezer until I’m ready to use them. (Make sure you thaw them before you use them though…unless you’re making a Banana Smoothie of course.)
For more tips on freezing and using overripe bananas go here.
Can I make Banana Muffins with this Recipe?
We love to make both Banana Bread and Banana Muffins with this recipe. To make muffins you can either grease or use paper liners in a standard muffin tin and you will just need to adjust the bake time. Plan on a bake time of about 20-25 minutes for muffins.
I’ve made many different banana bread recipes that are excellent but everyone loves this one best. It was definitely one of Grammie’s favorites. I love that it’s so easy I can whip up a batch in minutes. It really is the best banana bread recipe ever! Easy and delicious.
Easy Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Canola oil
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Cup Very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease loaf pan and set aside. Mix dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. In a large bowl whisk buttermilk, canola oil, eggs, bananas and vanilla together. Mix dry ingredients into wet with a spoon or whisk until well combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- **This makes one loaf so I usually double it so there's an extra loaf to share!
So there you have it. Now you can bake up some memories with a batch of Banana Bread in minutes with this easy recipe and if you follow my tips it will also be moist and delicious!
If you love Banana Bread Recipes you’ll want to try some more of our favorites!
For even more Banana Love click Here.