This Easy Buttercream Frosting Recipe is perfect for cupcakes, cakes, cookies or whatever else you want to add creamy deliciousness to!
This post contains affiliate links, which won’t cost you any more to purchase, but does help support this site.
An Easy Buttercream Frosting Recipe is something that’s great to have on hand. Whether you’re frosting a cake, cupcakes or cookies this recipe is perfect. Smooth, creamy and absolutely delicious!
I’ve been making this Buttercream Frosting Recipe for years now. It’s what goes onto all the custom cakes that I make most of the time for a few reasons. First of all it’s super easy to make. That’s always a plus when I’m making lots of cakes. The texture is perfect for spreading and allows you to create a super smooth finish that comes close to looking like your cake is covered in fondant. It also creates a great base for you to put fondant on if you’re using it. Finally, it’s the perfect frosting for piping and is absolutely delicious!
I can’t believe it took me so long to share this recipe here. It’s one of those recipes that I’ve used for years on many different types of goodies. It’s great for piping onto cupcakes or cookies too. The color is a beautiful creamy white which makes it great for tinting with gel colors. Just add a little food gel color once your frosting is whipped and you can create any color you like.
The best part about this Buttercream Recipe though is that it’s easy to make. Ultimately, you can whip up a batch in just a few minutes. As a matter of fact, there’s no cooking involved so you just mix and it’s ready to make all your baked goods even more delicious!
Easy Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 1 Pound Unsalted Butter ,softened
- 1 Pound Shortening
- 2 Pounds Confectioner sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- In a 5 or 6 Quart Bowl of a stand mixer cream butter and shortening on high speed for 3-5 minutes until smooth and pale yellow in color.
- While butter and shortening are mixing measure out your cream and milk. Add your vanilla extract to milk and cream. Set aside.
- Add 1 pound of confectioner sugar to your mixing bowl with butter and shortening. Top with half of the milk mixture. **(Drape a clean dish towel over the mixer and hold down against the sides of the bowl. Otherwise you'll have a white cloud of sugar everywhere!) Turn mixer on low for 1 minute. Once sugar is mixed in remove towel and scrape sides of mixer and and add remaining sugar and milk. Place towel back on mixer. Mix on low for 1 minute then once sugar is incorporated turn on high for 2 minutes. Scrape sides of mixer and mix on high for another minute.
Give your baked goods the love they deserve with this Easy Buttercream Frosting Recipe!
Here are some more of my favorite desserts for you to try! Just click on the picture for the recipe.