An Easy Fluffy Pancake Recipe from Scratch?! Yup! Say good bye to the box mix! This recipe taste way better and just uses a few simple ingredients!
Sunday mornings are pancake day in our house. When the kids were little I used to always make a big Sunday morning breakfast. It usually always included pancakes because what kid doesn’t love pancakes?
I have to confess though…I used to make my pancakes from a box mix. Sure it tasted ok but that was before I knew better. One bite of this Fluffy Pancake Recipe and you’ll never buy a box mix again. It’s just as quick and easy plus they taste so much better!
My son has continued our Sunday morning pancake breakfast tradition with his girlfriend and this is the recipe that he uses. One of his tricks to get a nice fluffy pancake is in the mixing process. You want to make sure that you don’t over mix your batter. It’s ok if there are still a few small clumps. There’s no need to have a super smooth batter. Let is rest for at least 10 minutes and then your good to go.
This recipe uses milk soured with some vinegar which is basically how I make my own buttermilk when I don’t have any. So you can use buttermilk if you have some or just follow the recipe instructions to make your own. It’s a great Easy Fluffy Pancake Recipe for you to use as a base to make all kinds of pancakes. Add blueberries, bananas, strawberries or your favorite fruit. Some grated lemon peel or orange peel will add a nice tangy citrus flavor. So get creative and have a little fun with your pancakes.
Easy Fluffy Pancake Recipe from Scratch
- 3/4 Cup Milk ,we use 1 %
- 2 Tablespoons White vinegar
- 1 Cup All purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted butter ,melted
- Place milk and vinegar in a small bowl, mix and let sit for 5 minutes to sour.
- In a large bowl whisk together, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Mix egg and butter into your soured milk.
- Pour milk mixture into your dry ingredients and whisk until most of the large lumps are gone. Don't over mix. Let sit for 10 minutes to rest.
- While your batter is resting preheat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add a little oil to the pan or cooking spray.
- Place 1/4 cup sized dollops of batter onto your preheated griddle and cook until bubbles form on the surface of the batter. Flip over and cook for another couple minutes or until the surface has browned.
Make this Easy Fluffy Pancake Recipe for your family this weekend and ditch the box mix for good!
Here are some more of our favorite breakfast recipes. Just click on the picture for the recipe.