These Sweet Potato Fritters are so easy and delicious I could eat them every day of the week! A little sweet, a little spicy and a whole lot of delicious!
This post contains affiliate links, which won’t cost you any more to purchase, but does help support this site.
Do you ever get stuck in a cooking rut, spinning out the same old recipes week to week? I think we all do at some point. It’s understandable though. It can be difficult to sway from your tried and true recipes that you know everyone loves. But when dinner starts to get boring it’s time to change things up.
The great thing about these Sweet Potato Fritters is not only do they give new life to the same old boring Sweet Potato Recipe they’re so Easy To Make! Seriously! Grate up a couple of sweet potatoes, mix in a few simple ingredients and brown them in your skillet. That’s it! A quick and easy recipe that’s ready in minutes!
The Sweet Potato Fritters were pretty incredible on their own but the Mango Salsa and Honey Lime Sour Cream really gave them the “Wow Factor”! The combination of flavors really worked so well together. I added a bit of cayenne to my fritters to give them a little bit of heat. The Mango Salsa and Honey Lime Sour Cream were the perfect sweet and cooling companion to go with them.
This recipe really made me think of Grammy. She would have absolutely loved these! Though she would have probably called them Sweet Potato Latkes. They’re pretty much the same thing so you can call them what you like. Whatever name you give them the end result is the same. Delicious!
Grammy was always making some kind of potato pancake, patty, fritter or potato pizza crust. She worked magic with left overs. If we had left over mashed potatoes she would just mix them up with an egg, some flour and seasoning, form them into patties and brown them. They were so delicious you didn’t even feel like you were eating left overs.
So this recipe is brought to you in memory of Grammy! The woman who really knew how to make potatoes and left overs incredible!
Easy Sweet Potato Fritters with Mango Salsa & Honey Lime Sour Cream
For the Sweet Potato Fritters
- 4 Cups Sweet Potato ,Grated (about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 2 Large Eggs ,scrambled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons All-purpose flour ,or gluten free substitute to make gluten free
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper ,optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoons Coconut oil or olive oil for cooking
For the Honey Lime Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Sour cream
- Juice and zest from half of a lime
- 1-2 Tablespoons Honey ,depending on how sweet you like it
For the Sweet Potato Fritters
- In a large bowl,mix grated sweet potatoes with eggs, honey, flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Heat oil over medium low heat in a large skillet.
- Drop spoonfuls of sweet potato mixture into heated skillet about an inch apart. Brown for 2-3 minutes and turn over. Brown other side for 2-3 minutes and remove to plate.
- Watch carefully and adjust temperature as needed. (I browned my first batch a little too much. I started on medium heat but needed to reduce to medium low)
- You can keep these in a warm oven while you cook each batch until you're ready to serve.
Recipe for Mango Salsa
Spruce up your Sweet Potatoes with these Easy Sweet Potato Fritters!
Here are some more of my favorite Sweet Potato dishes for you to try! Just click on the picture for the recipe.