This tasty Fresh Salsa is the perfect blend of spice and tanginess. We love our Mexican food here and when I’m making dishes like Chicken Quesidillas my kids always insist that it includes my homemade Fresh Salsa as a side.
This Fresh Salsa is a family favorite in our home. I made it over the weekend and we used it on our Chicken Quesadillas,and Mexican Chicken Salad. It just makes all of these Mexican dishes taste better. Of course we also love it as a dip as well. My local market makes a decent fresh salsa that I occasionally use but there’s still nothing like homemade.
- 6-7 Ripe plum tomatoes
- 1-2 Jalapeno peppers depending how spicy you like it
- 1 Small red onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh cilantro chopped
- Juice from 2 limes
- Salt to taste
- Quarter tomatoes and clean out seeds and pulp. Chop tomatoes and add to a medium bowl.
- Cut peppers in half and remove seeds. ( You may want to wear disposable rubber gloves to prevent the oils from peppers burning skin.)
- Dice peppers and add to tomatoes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Store in refrigerator for an hour to overnight to allow ingredients to meld together.
For the best tasting Fresh Salsa make sure you use fresh ripe tomatoes!
[…] night seems to have taken its place. The only thing that makes these even better is when I make Fresh Salsa to go with them. Don’t forget that Cinco de Mayo is coming up. Chicken Quesadillas for dinner […]