These Gluten Free Banana Muffins are so moist and delicious you’ll never know that they’re Gluten Free!
When it comes to baking regular gluten and dairy filled things I definitely know way my way around the kitchen. When it comes to gluten free though things become a bit more complicated. My family is pretty particular about how things taste and if it’s not good they let me know. So when I find a recipe like this one I get pretty excited!
I seriously can’t get over that there is no added sugar or other sweeteners in it. The bananas and coconut flour have plenty of sweetness on their own so any thing else is really unnecessary. Of course the chocolate chips help with the sweetness too. I used Enjoy Life Allergy Friendly mini chocolate chips. It’s an easy way to keep the recipe Gluten Free and Dairy Free.
One of my clients shared this recipe with me last week. She is an avid Cross fitter and tries to eat a “Paleo” diet as much as possible. She offered me a muffin while I was taking a break. I honestly wasn’t expecting much. I’ve eaten gluten free baked goods before and sometimes they’re yummy and sometimes they’re just…ehh. One bite of these Gluten Free Banana Muffins though and I was hooked!
The ingredients were so simple and I had them already sitting in my pantry so I quickly whipped up a batch as soon as I got home. I was heading to pick my daughter up from college the next day and I knew they’d be the perfect healthy treat to have waiting for her when she got home.
My son downed about 5 of them, I had 1 and my mom had 1 then once my daughter arrived she quickly gobbled up 4! Moving out of a dorm room is hard work and apparently you work up quite an appetite!
By the time I went to photograph them for this post there was only 1 left!
No problem though. I just whipped up another batch and we added them to our Mother’s Day Brunch menu! Perfect!
Gluten Free Banana Muffins
- 4 Bananas ,the more ripe, the better, mashed with a fork
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil ,melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Coconut flour or almond flour I used coconut
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Mini allergen free chocolate chips plus more to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F. Line standard muffin tin with paper liners. Makes about 17-18 muffins
- In a large mixing bowl mash bananas well. Add eggs, almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla and mix well with a hand mixer on high.
- Add dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Fill each lined tin evenly with about 1/4 C of batter. Top with chocolate chips.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- *Feel free to put any of your favorite add ins to them. Such as nuts.
- **If you're not adding the chocolate chips and you want a bit more sweetness try adding a tablespoon of honey or agave.
Recipe was slightly adapted from Paleo Grubs. That’s where my client got the original recipe.
Whether you need to eat a Gluten Free Diet or you just want a muffin that’s a bit more healthy these Gluten Free Banana Muffins are a must make! Try it out on your family and watch them gobble them up!
This post contains affiliate links, which won’t cost you any more to purchase, but does help support this site.
Here are some more great Gluten free recipes for you to try. Just click on the picture for the recipe.