Crunchy sweet layers of Graham Cracker, Toffee and Chocolate all topped with toasted almonds. These Graham Cracker Toffee Bars are the perfect sweet treat to make when you don’t have time to fuss!
It’s no secret that I love to bake. My sweet tooth is definitely my weakness! No matter how many ingredients or how long it takes to make I’ve never been one to back down when it comes to baking any sugary confection.
There’s nothing better than homemade cooking and in my opinion always totally worth spending a little extra time to make it from scratch.
I love when I find a simple but totally scrumptious recipe like this one though. These bars don’t have a lot of ingredients and are so quick and easy to make.
You can whip them up in no time so it’s the perfect recipe for when you don’t have the time or you have a lot of other recipes on your menu that need to be made.
They’d be the perfect addition for your next bake sale or a little homemade sweet treat for your Valentine!
Graham Cracker Toffee Bars
- 10 Graham Crackers , 1 sleeve
- 1 1/2 -2 Cups Semi sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Cup Toasted almonds plus more for topping ,chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13'' baking dish and place graham cracker sheets evenly in a single layer along the bottom of the pan.
- Place butter in a medium saucepan and melt over medium heat. Add brown sugar and pecans and bring mixture to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour mixture over graham crackers and spread into an even layer.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 7-8 minutes or until the edges are bubbling. Remove bars from oven sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow chocolate to soften. Using a spoon carefully spread the chocolate chips out to for a smooth topping. Immediately sprinkle extra chopped almonds on top.
- Allow to cool completely, and then refrigerate for about 30 minutes before cutting into bars. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Tastes Better From Scratch
We’ve all had those last minute parties that come up spur of the moment. I never like to show up anywhere empty handed so these Graham Cracker Toffee Bars are perfect for that very situation.
I also love that there could be so many variations to this recipe too. If you don’t have almonds you could use pecans or no nuts at all. Be creative!
Here are some other sweet treats you may like to try. Just click on the picture for the recipe.