A simple and decadent treat that melts in your mouth! These Kahlua Truffles are so easy to make and the perfect addition to any holiday dessert platter.
Every year a few weeks before Christmas I get together with one of my friends and we have a dessert gift making night.
Last year we made Spiked Hot Chocolate Truffles and the year before that we made an assortment of truffles and candies.
We make large batches of our treats to share with co-workers, family and friends during the holidays. Working together in the kitchen makes the task a lot more fun and we get so much more done.
We made Raspberry Chambord Truffles that were absolutely amazing two years ago which were the inspiration behind these Kahlua Truffles.
I wanted a little added sweetness to add to my cookie platters that I’m making for some holiday parties this weekend.
The only problem is a little mouse got into my Truffles and now they’re almost all gone! Luckily they are so quick to make I can easily whip up another batch in no time!
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1 ,12 ounce bag Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Generous spoonfuls of instant coffee
- 1/2 Cup Kahlua
- Cocoa powder for coating
- In a small saucepan heat cream over medium low heat. Once steam starts to rise from cream and just before it reaches a boil remove the pan from the heat and mix in the instant coffee. Pour chocolate chips into the pan and let sit without stirring for about one minute. Using a whisk or wooden spoon stir until well combined and smooth. Add the kahlua and mix well until smooth and creamy.
- Pour chocolate into a 9x9 baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge to chill for several hours to overnight.
- Once you chocolate has hardened remove from fridge and roll spoonfuls into 1 inch balls. (Be prepared to get your hands a bit messy) Place balls in a bowl filled with cocoa powder and roll the ball in the cocoa to coat. Place in a plastic container and store in the fridge until ready to serve. You can place your truffles on a plate by themselves or in little paper candy liners to add to a plate of other treats.
These Kahlua Truffles make a great handmade gift to share with family and friends. This year we are making an assortment of fudge so stay tuned for some more sweetness coming your way soon!
Until then here are some great cookies recipes for you to try for your cookie swap or holiday parties! Just click on the picture for the recipe.
If you would like to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ just click on the social media buttons at the top right hand corner of the page and it will bring you right to my page. Once you’re there just hit “like” or “follow”! Easy! It’s a great way for you to see when I add something new!
Oh yeah….and if you would like to share this recipe you can just use the share buttons right at the bottom of this post. I would appreciate it so much! Sharing is caring!
Thanks for linking up to our Let’s Get Real Party. Looks yummy.
Nicole Crocker says
Rose @ Walnut Acre says
These look absolutely mouthwateringly delicious!!!!!
Nicole Crocker says