Snowballs in Spring? Yup! This Snowball Cookie Recipe is the perfect way to welcome Spring time. The Lime and Macadamia Nuts add a nutty citrus flavor that has Spring written all over it!
Snowball Cookies are my all time favorite cookies. Give me a platter of Italian cookies and the Snowballs will disappear in record time.
The problem is I usually only make my Snowball Cookie Recipe around Christmas. That means that I miss out on enjoying my favorite cookie 11 months out of the year.
Well I decided to fix that problem today with this amazing Lime & Macadamia Nut version of my favorite little cookie. Just the right amount of tart citrus flavor with the yummy crunch of Macadamia nuts.
These cookies are so melt in your mouth delicious it’s
difficult impossible to just eat one!
I find myself deliberately finding a reason to pass through the kitchen just so I can snag “just one more” cookie.
Not only are they easy to eat, they’re just as easy to make. I had this batch made in under 30 minutes! It always amazes me that something that can be whipped up so quickly tastes so good. So now you don’t have any excuse not to make a batch.
They’re the perfect Springtime treat, Easter, or even St. Patrick’s Day! Just top your Snowball Cookies with a little lime zest to give them a little St. Patty’s Day green.
Lime & Macadamia Nut Snowball Cookies
For the cookies
- 2 1/4 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup Confectioner sugar
- 3/4 Cup Macadamia nuts ,finely chopped
- Zest from two limes
- Juice from one lime
For coating your cookies
- 1 Cup Confectioner sugar
- Zest from one lime
For the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Cream butter, sugar, lime zest and lime juice until smooth. Gradually add flour and combine well. Add chopped macadamia nuts.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies to cooling rack.
- Cool for 2 minutes.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioner sugar. Place back on cooking rack and cool completely.
- Roll cooled cookies in confectioner sugar again, top with lime zest and place on serving dish.
This Snowball Cookie Recipe will have you dreaming of Snow this Spring!
Here are some more great Springtime desserts for you to try. Just click on the picture for the recipe.