If you are a true chocoholic then this is the recipe for you! Outrageous Brownies definitely live up to their name. One pound of chocolate chips are melted along with 6 ounces of unsweetened baking squares and added to these decadent brownies. If that’s not enough chocolate for you…another 12 ounces of chocolate chips are added to the batter to bring the chocolate flavor to an extreme level! Level-Outrageous!
Ina Garten definitely got it right with this amazing recipe! I’ve been making these crazy chocolaty brownies for a few years now and yummy outbursts are usually what follow every bite. They are truly the Best Brownie Recipe ever!
My Mom thought she was going to start her diet this week…Sorry mom!She said they should come with a warning because you keep going back for more.
Put away the box mix and take a few extra minutes to make something special. Something Outrageous! These Outrageous Brownies are totally worth it!
This was one of the first recipes I posted here on Family Table Treasures! It’s so incredible I felt it was time to republish it with a few post updates. Enjoy!
- 1 Pound Unsalted butter
- 1 Pound + 12 ounces Semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 Ounces Unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 6 Large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Instant coffee granules
- 2 Tablespoons Pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 C chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 12x18x1 inch pan.
- In the top of a double boiler,over simmering water, melt 1 pound of chocolate chips with 6 ounces of unsweetened chocolate and butter. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) eggs, coffee granules, vanilla, and sugar together.
- Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, sift together 1 cup of the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to the cooled chocolate mixture.
- In a small bowl toss the remaining 1/4 cup of flour with the 12 ounces of chocolate chips and walnuts. (This will help prevent the chips from sinking to the bottom of the pan when baking.)
- Add them to the batter.
- Pour into the baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then rap the pan against the oven shelf to force the air out from between the pan and dough. Bake for another 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Do not overbake!
- Allow to cool thoroughly and cut into squares.
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten food network
Now for the most difficult step of making this incredible chocolaty treat. Wait before you cut.
It is important to let your Outrageous Brownies cool completely before cutting or they will break and crumble.
Once they’re cooled, dig in! Cut and serve with a big glass of milk!
What’s your opinion? Are they the Best Brownie Recipe ever?
After you make a batch make sure you leave a comment and rating below.
Your mom says
Just had to post something on this ……So….. When are you making these again? I am drooling thinking about how fantastic these were. with a nice cold glass of milk ……Mmmmmmmm, Mom
Nicole Crocker says
Thinking for the family reunion!
[email protected] in Pyjamas says
These brownies look so good, I love ones which use chocolate in them. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! [email protected] in Pyjamas
These would not last long in our house! I think I’ll put away the box mix now…
Nicole Crocker says
Thanks Jen! They definitely last long here either!
Those look outrageously fantastic! Yum!
Jordan | Read. Eat. Repeat. says
These look fudgey and chocolatey and perfect! Gotta love a good brownie and homemade is always better than boxed (don’t hear me judging boxed though, because if you offer me any kind of brownie I will gratefully eat it :).
My husband is a huge brownie fan and he would love these! Thanks for sharing.
Kristin Cook says
These look so delicious and chewy! I’m sure I would really enjoy these, but my hubby would go crazy for them! 🙂
Nicole Crocker says
Thanks Kristin! They’re the best!