One of my favorite desserts just made its way to the breakfast table! Prepare this Overnight Bananas Foster French Toast Casserole the night before then just pop it in the oven 40 minutes before you’re ready to serve it!
We had one epic Easter Brunch this past weekend! It was difficult not to overstuff myself because there was so much amazing food to eat!
The Chipotle Pineapple Bourbon Glazed Ham with Ancho Chile Dusted Pineapple and Bacon Jam was the headliner of the whole foodie affair and it did not disappoint! It combined a little sweet and a little salty with a little spicy that kept us going in for seconds and thirds!
My son whipped up a batch of Hollandaise Sauce and began poaching eggs for Eggs Benedict once everyone arrived. I’m still dreaming about those perfectly poached eggs!
We had lox and bagels with cream cheese, capers and onions. Belgian Waffles with Homemade Strawberry Sauce and fresh whipped cream. A Kielbasa, potato, red pepper and onion hash per my daughter’s request. Blood Orange and Thyme Mimosa. Fruit Salad and last but not least this amazing Bananas Foster French Toast Casserole!
Clearly I got a little carried away but hey…it was Easter!
The best part about this Bananas Foster French Toast Casserole…
The best part about this Bananas Foster French Toast Casserole besides the fact that it’s one of the most amazing things you’ll ever put in your mouth is the fact that you make it the night before! I’m not a morning person so I do my best work at night. The fact that I could just roll out of bed and pop this scrumptious casserole in the oven was key!
I’m so glad that Mother’s Day isn’t that far off so we can have round 2 epic brunch!
Overnight Bananas Foster French Toast Casserole
Caramel Banana Layer
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted butter ,melted
- 1 Cup Brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Light corn syrup
- 1/4 Cup Dark Rum ,optional (the alcohol will get cooked out of it)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 Medium Ripe bananas ,thinly sliced
- 15 Mini Croissants ,cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 ,8 ounce package Cream cheese ,cubed
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- ⅔ Cup Sugar
- 1½ teaspoons Vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream to garnish
- In a medium pan, melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and rum on stove over medium heat. Cook and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Pour caramel sauce into prepared pan and make sure it is evenly distributed.
- Place banana slices evenly over the sauce.
- Layer and evenly sprinkle half of the croissant pieces over the bananas.
- Evenly distribute the cream cheese cubes over the croissants.
- Cover the top evenly with the remaining croissants.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and pinch of salt and whisk together until completely smooth and well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread.
- Gently press the bread down with hands so that all of the bread can absorb the egg mixture.
- Cover casserole and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, remove pan from refrigerator and leave it out on the counter while oven preheats to 375 degrees F.
- Bake uncovered for about 30-40 minutes.
- Let it cool in pan 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream to garnish.
Gooey banana caramel goodness combined with French toast that can be whipped up the night before! What’s not to love about this Bananas Foster French Toast Casserole?!
Here are some of my other favorite morning treats. Just click on the picture for the recipe.