This Party Salad might just be my favorite jello mold! Lime jello filled with crushed pineapple and chopped pistachios sounds heavenly. Now add in cream cheese and whipped cream and lets get this party started!
There were always two jello molds on the table that my mom would make for our large family parties. This delicious Party Salad and her equally tasty Sunshine Salad. This one’s my favorite though! 🙂
- 1 1.4 ounce packae Lime jello
- 1 Cup Boiling water
- 1 8 ounce can Crushed pineapple
- 3 ounces Cream cheese
- 3/4 Cup Diced celery optional
- 1/2 Cup Chopped pistachios optional
- 1 Cup Whipping cream or cool whip whipped
- Dissolve Jello in boiling water.
- Add pineapple along with juice it's canned in.
- Stir well.
- Add cut up chunks of cream cheese, celery and nuts.
- Stir and cool until partially set. (Check after 20 minutes and then set timer for 5-10 minute intervals to check.)
- Mix in the whipped cream and pour into a jello mold ring.
- Chill until firm. (Several hours)
- Sit bottom of mold in warm water for a few seconds to loosen from mold container and turn onto serving dish.
The jello mold ring container that my mom uses for this Party Salad is made by Tupperware. Its awesome! I love the top suction release option it has. It makes removing the mold so much easier. The one she uses was purchased years ago but they have a great new version available. Click the link above to check it out.