Potato Salad is a summertime classic. There are many different varieties but this Potato Salad with Bacon is absolutely one of the best I’ve ever tasted! Chopped up bits of crisp bacon and roasted garlic will have your taste buds smiling!
I made this delicious potato salad for our Memorial Day party a few weeks ago and it was a huge hit! Everyone has been asking for the recipe since so I wanted to make sure I got it on the blog to share before summer was over. I hope you all enjoy it!
Potato Salad with Bacon
- 5 Pounds Redskin potatoes
- 9 Hard boiled eggs ,6 peeled and diced plus 3 peeled and sliced for top
- 9 slices Thick cut bacon ,cooked and chopped
- 1 1/4 Cups Mayonaise
- 5 Tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8-9 Scallions ,chopped
- 2 Heads of garlic ,Roasted
- Fill a large pot with water, add potatoes and boil for 20-30 minutes (depending on size of potatoes) or until they can be easily pierced with a fork. Drain water and cool to room temperature then place in refrigerator to chill overnight (or at least 3-4 hours).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut tops off the heads of garlic. Place on a square of tin foil. Drizzle top with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Rap garlic in foil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cloves begin to pop up and are soft. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl place potatoes cut into bite sized pieces and toss with the apple cider vinegar.
- Add diced eggs, bacon (reserving 2-3 Tbs for top) and scallions (reserving 2-3 Tbs. for top). Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise and mustard. squeeze cloves of roasted garlic out of head and mash into the mayonnaise/mustard mixture.
- Mix mayonnaise mixture into potatoes and mix well.
- Place in a serving bowl and top with sliced eggs, extra scallions and bacon bits.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
One of the most important tricks to making a this Potato Salad with Bacon or any potato salad is to make sure you chill your potatoes before you cut them up. Otherwise you will end up with mashed potato salad. That’s why I really like to make sure I cook my potatoes a day ahead and chill them in the refrigerator overnight.
I’ll be sharing this recipe at the following link parties:
[email protected] in Pyjamas says
This salad looks really yummy. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!!
Diane Lavoie says
can’t wait to have it again I like the addition of the garlic