One of the most requested Fall treats that I get from my family are these delicious Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars. Moist and spicy pumpkin cake with a cream cheese swirl baked on top. Bake them for your friends and family and watch them disappear!
Paul’s youngest daughter is about to begin a new chapter in her life today. Today she is moving into her new home away from home for the next 8 months. The weekend was spent making sure everything on the college list was checked off, packing bags, loading up the truck and some tearful goodbyes.
She will be coming home for the weekend in about a month and she asked me if I would make these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars for her.
I had a better idea… so these were her first little going away care package.
She’ll have a little taste of home with her to help make the transition a little easier.
What better way to make new friends than to share a tasty treat?! Good luck J. See you in a few weeks!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars
For Cream Cheese Swirl
- 1 ,8 ounce package Cream cheese ,softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large eggs
For the Pumpkin Bars
- 1 ,15 ounce can Solid packed pumpkin
- 2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2/3 Cup Canola oil
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
For the Cream Cheese Swirl:
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well to combine and set aside.
For the Pumpkin Batter
- In a large mixing bowl combine pumpkin, sugar and oil together. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Mix in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Pour cream cheese mixture on top and cut through with a knife several times to create a marble effect. Top with chocolate chips. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool, cut and place on serving plate.
Recipe adapted from Pampered Chef Cream Cheese Squares
If you love these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars and are craving more tasty Fall treats here’s another family favorite for you to try.