A refreshing twist on a traditional Mojito. This Grape Mojito is bursting with red grape sweetness. The perfect addition to your brunch menu or whenever you’re in the mood for a tasty cocktail!
This post contains affiliate links, which won’t cost you any more to purchase, but does help support this site.
I’ve never been a fan of traditional Mojitos but one sip of this Grape Mojito Recipe and I was hooked! The addition of the muddled grapes adds a refreshing sweetness that I just can’t get enough of.
I was introduced to the Grape Mojito by one of my Supper Club friends. She served this cocktail before we headed out to dinner. At first, I declined when she offered me one. I told her I really didn’t care for Mojitos. Boy was I glad I changed my mind. I found a new favorite cocktail to enjoy!
It’s the perfect refreshing cocktail to sip on a warm Summer day. But it was just too good for me to wait for the warmth of Summer. I’ve been dreaming of these since last Summer. I finally came to my senses and realized a Grape Mojito is delicious during any season!
I searched around and found a few different versions of Grape Mojito Recipes. Some used green grapes or were sweetened with a variety of different sweeteners. I decided on red grapes and made a mint infused simple syrup. It was the perfect amount of minty sweetness and absolutely refreshing!
The trick to making the best Mojito is in the mixology. You don’t want to over muddle your mint leaves otherwise they may become bitter. Also, to prevent sipping in chunks of grape and mint leaves you want to make sure you top your cocktail with crushed ice. Place a skewer of grapes on top and you will have a beautiful drink to enjoy any time of year!
Refreshing Grape Mojito Recipe
For the Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 10 Fresh Mint leaves
For the Grape Mojito
- 1 Ounce Fresh squeezed Lime juice
- 6-7 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 7-8 Red Grapes
- 1 1/2 Ounces White Rum
- 2 Ounces Soda Water
- 1-2 Tablespoons Mint Simple Syrup ,adjust to your desired sweetness
- Crushed Ice
For the Mint Simple Syrup
- In a small sauce pan, add water and sugar and stir to combine. Add mint leaves and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce and cook until sugar is completely dissolved about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Remove mint leaves and discard.
For the Grape Mojitos
- In a tall sturdy glass add lime juice and 6-7 mint leaves. Use a muddle tool and crush mint leaves into the lime juice. (Do not over muddle, just for about 10 seconds.)
- Add grapes and crush with muddle tool. Top with ice to fill glass.
- Add rum, soda water and mint simple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a grape lined skewer and mint leaf if desired.
Add this Refreshing Grape Mojito Recipe to your next brunch menu!
Easter and Mother’s Day will be here before you know it. Dazzle your guests with some Grape Mojitos this year. Easy to make and refreshingly delicious!
Here are more of my favorite cocktails for you to try! Just click on the picture for the recipe.