This easy to make Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe is pretty much a no fail recipe. Smooth & Creamy and ready for indulging in minutes!
Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce is easy to make, however not alway easy to make well. There’s nothing worse than Hot Fudge that has gritty sugar crystals that form in it.
In my opinion Hot Fudge Sauce should be Smooth & Creamy. This Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe gets an A+ in that category.
One of my favorite treats is ice cream. It doesn’t matter what time of year it is. Summer, Fall, Spring or even on a cold Winter’s day. Nothing beats a big scoop of ice cream with all the toppings. And nothing beats Homemade toppings.
This Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe is so quick and easy to make you really don’t have any excuse for not to whip a batch up. You could be indulging in this decadent treat in just a few minutes.
Or if you can resist gobbling it all up yourself. It makes a great Christmas gift. Just fill some mini mason jars and tie it with a pretty ribbon and sprig of greens. The perfect “homemade gift” for your foodie friends.
It’s also a great addition to a “Make your own Sundae Party”. Once you’ve mastered making your own Hot Fudge you can try making my Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce and Homemade Strawberry Sauce.
Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
- 1 1/3 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Corn Syrup
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 ,12 ounce package Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips , or 12 ounces chopped dark or semi sweet chocolate
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Combine the heavy cream, brown sugar, corn syrup, cocoa powder and salt in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer on low, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes until sugar is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat add chopped chocolate or chocolate chips and butter. Let sit for one minute and then whisk until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and serve.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious
This Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe is not just for topping ice cream with.
I love topping warm Brownies and Chocolate Chip Cookies with Hot Fudge Sauce. It can turn a snack into a special dessert treat.
Leave a Reply