Spicy, tart and sweet flavors come together to make the perfect holiday appetizer. One bite of this Spicy Cranberry Salsa with Cream Cheese just isn’t enough. It will disappear before your eyes!
This post contains affiliate links, which won’t cost you any more to purchase, but does help support this site.
There are so many things that I absolutely love about this Spicy Cranberry Salsa with Cream Cheese.
First of all it’s delicious! I also love how pretty it is. I’m a big believer in the idea that “you eat with your eyes first”. The red and green colors really make it the perfect holiday appetizer. I think the best part about it though is that you can literally whip it up in just a few minutes! Perfect for the last minute Holiday party invite or if you want to add just one more thing to your Holiday menu.
Have you ever had Cream Cheese with Pepper Jelly? This Spicy Cranberry Salsa is similar to that. The difference is that it’s a bit more tart and has more of a crunch to it. I served it as a pre game appetizer for our Supper Club night that we had a couple weeks ago and it was a big hit. It was definitely the most popular thing on the table. Everyone kept going back for more and commented on how pretty and festive it looked.
I’ve been hooked on Cranberries since I made that Raw Cranberry Orange Relish a few weeks ago. This Spicy Cranberry Salsa is a spin on that tasty side dish. The heat from the jalapeno pepper and creaminess of the cream cheese turned the side dish into the perfect appetizer.
Spicy Cranberry Salsa with Cream Cheese
- 6 Ounces Fresh cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Green onions ,chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh cilantro ,chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper ,seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon Fresh lime juice
- 1 ,8 Ounce package Cream cheese
- Serve with assorted crackers and fresh veggies.
- Place cranberries and sugar into the bowl of a food processor. (I used my Ninja Blender)
- Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- In a medium bowl, stir cranberry mixture, green onions, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice together.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. (The flavors need time to meld together)
- When ready to serve, place softened cream cheese on a serving plate. Using a slotted spoon, drain salsa and pour over the top of the cream cheese.
- Serve with assorted crackers and veggies.
Recipe adapted from Cooking with Curls.
Dress up your Holiday Party Menu with this Spicy Cranberry Salsa with Cream Cheese!
You just can’t go wrong with this appetizer this Holiday Season. It’s a beautiful eye catching app that you can whip up in minutes and is absolutely delicious! Serve it at your next party and watch it disappear before your eyes!
Want more cranberry goodness? Try some of these cranberry recipes!