Lemon flavored gelatin filled with crushed pineapple, shredded carrots and chopped pistachios makes this Sunshine Salad a great addition to any buffet. You may start with a small serving as a side to go with your meal and then find yourself going back for seconds as dessert!
This delicious jello mold brings back fond memories of all the fun family parties we would have in our home when I was a kid. My dad is the oldest of seven children. Two of his siblings had five children each. Three others had two each and add in my brother, sister and I and you had a rockin party! Now a days we need to rent out halls to have family gatherings! This tasty Sunshine Salad was served at many of these family parties. If there was a buffet of different foods you were sure to see this guy displayed somewhere on the table along with his buddy Party Salad. What a great way to hide those nutritious veggies. I don’t think I ever realized there were carrots in there!
- 1 3 ounce package Lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1 Cup Boiling water
- 1 8 1/2 ounce can Crushed pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Shredded carrots
- 1/4 Cup Chopped roasted pistachios optional
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Drain pineapple, reserving liquid
- Add water to liquid to make 1 cup.
- Add to gelatin along with vinegar and salt.
- Chill to partially set. (Check after 20 minutes and then set timer for 5 or 10 minute intervals until ready. If it gets over set you can heat in microwave for a few seconds.)
- Fold in pineapple, carrot and pistachios.
- Turn into a 9x5x3 inch pan or mold container of similar size. Cover and chill until firm. (Several hours)
- When removing from pan. Sit bottom of pan in warm water for a few seconds to loosen mold so it slides out easily when tipped over.
If you like this Sunshine Salad mold check out my Party Salad !
I’ll be linking this recipe up with these parties:
Friday-I’m Lovin it link party