Make this creamy White Chocolate Mousse in minutes with just a few simple ingredients. The perfect quick dessert for your next dinner party!
Earlier this week I promised to share this White Chocolate Mousse recipe that I used to fill the Beach Themed Cake that I made last weekend. I always try to keep my promises so here it is!
This White Chocolate Mousse recipe is simple to make and only has 3 ingredients! It’s perfect for a quick dessert when you’re entertaining a crowd because it doesn’t take much time to make.
I used mine as filling for my cake last weekend. A deep dark chocolate cake with White Chocolate Mousse filling was such a decadent combination. My kind of dessert!
It had been a while since I had made this White Chocolate Mousse recipe and I couldn’t find it. I decided to try a different one that I found. Big mistake! The new recipe that I tried flopped not once but twice! I had only bought 2 bags of white chocolate chips so in the middle of making my Beach Themed Cake everything came to a screeching halt. I had to make another trip to the market to buy more chocolate chips. I was not going to go through the trouble of making a big beautiful bridal shower cake and then fill it with a gritty, soupy mousse!
Thankfully I finally found the White Chocolate Mousse recipe that I had made in the past and what a difference it made! This recipe is fluffy, creamy and the perfect consistency to use a cake filling! The best part was I only had to make it once for it to come out perfect!
White Chocolate Mousse
- 1 Envelope powdered gelatin
- 1 ,12 ounce package White chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 Cups Heavy cream
- Dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water, and set aside for 5 minutes. Place chocolate in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until very finely chopped.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice and set aside.
- Place 3/4 cup cream in a small saucepan, and bring just to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the disolved gelatin, and stir for 30 seconds to dissolve completely. Pour into food processor with the motor running, and process until chocolate mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and place over ice water bath. Chill until mixture is thick enough to fall from a spoon and form ribbons on the top of the melted chocolate.
- Whip remaining 1 3/4 cups heavy cream to soft peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture. If not using immediately, refrigerate in an airtight container or fill individual dessert dishes cover and place in fridge.
Whether you are filling a cake, pie crust or dessert dishes this White Chocolate Mousse is quick and easy to make. I love simple recipes that come out right the first time!
Here are some more easy dessert recipes for you to try. Just click on the picture for the recipe.