This Caprese Dip is my new go to Summer party dip! Great for when you need to throw together a quick app in a pinch.
Paul and I were invited to some friends house a few weeks ago and I offered to bring an appetizer but I was really short on time. Paul wanted me to make Caprese Tartlets but I still needed to go to the market to get the ingredients and I knew I didn’t have the time to put them together. I didn’t want to disappoint so that’s when the brilliant idea to make them into a dip popped into my head!
I’ve made this Caprese Dip for a few other parties since and it’s been a big hit every time! I have been asked for the recipe by several people. So here it is! Enjoy!
- 1 , 8 ounce package Cream cheese ,softened
- 1 , 4 ounce package Fresh mozzarella ,diced
- 1 , 8 ounce container Cherry tomatoes ,diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Dried basil
- 2-3 Tablespoons Fresh basil chiffonade
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crackers or toast rounds for dipping
- In a medium bowl mix cream cheese with dried basil and garlic powder.
- Spread evenly in the bottom of a pie plate or shallow serving dish. Top with fresh mozzarella and then the tomatoes. Sprinkle the fresh basil on top of the tomatoes.
- In a small bowl whisk the vinegar and oil together and drizzle on top of tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with crackers or toast rounds.
Take advantage of all those fresh Summer veggies with this Caprese Dip!
Now that we’re headed into prime produce growing season there will be lots of fresh delicious produce available to make this Caprese Dip even more delicious! Fresh juicy tomatoes and fresh basil are the best!
Looking for more great appetizers to try this summer? Try some of these. Just click on the picture for the recipe.
If you would like to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ just click on the social media buttons at the top right hand corner of the page and it will bring you right to my page. Once you’re there just hit “like” or “follow”! Easy! It’s a great way for you to see when I add something new!
Oh yeah….and if you would like to share this recipe you can just use the share buttons right at the bottom of this post. I would appreciate it so much! Sharing is caring!
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties: