Buffalo Chicken Pizza is a sure fire way to spice up any party! Spicy Buffalo Chicken mounded on Homemade Pizza Crust then topped with shredded cheddar cheese and a drizzle of Blue Cheese Dressing. One slice is never enough!
If you like spicy food as much as we do then this is definitely the pizza for you! After years of having my Buffalo Chicken Dip and Sriracha Chicken Dip devoured in record time I knew it was the perfect topping for my next pizza creation. I think we have a new family favorite!
Football fans know that spicy foods are pretty much a must at any Game Day party. So I guess that makes this Buffalo Chicken Pizza the perfect recipe for your next football party.
I made this one for the AFC Championship Game a couple weeks ago and it was a big hit. It pretty much disappeared as soon as I put it out.
Unfortunately, the food was the only good thing about that Game Day! The Patriots will not be in the Super Bowl this year. 🙁 So this year the Super Bowl will be all about the food for me. I can’t wait for all that great Game Day food!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
For Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1 Package Dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 Cup Warm water ,105-115 Degrees F
- 2 Cups All purpose flour ,plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
For the pizza toppings
- 2 Large Boneless skinless chicken breasts ,cooked and shredded
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 4 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 ,14 1/2 ounce cans 14 1/2 Diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 Cup Franks Red Hot Wing sauce or original recipe
- 4 Cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Cup Blue cheese salad dressing or Ranch
For the Homemade dough
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and honey in 1/4-cup warm water (100-110 degrees).
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the flour and the salt.
- Add the oil, yeast mixture, and the remaining 3/4 C water, mix on low speed until dough comes cleanly away from the sides of the bowl and clusters around the dough hook, about 5 minutes.
- If the dough is still sticky, then add a bit more flour until it pulls cleanly away from the hook.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead by hand 2 or 3 minutes.
- The dough should be smooth and firm. Place in lightly oiled bowl an cover with plastic wrap.
- Let sit for about 30-45 minutes. (When ready, the dough will stretch as it is lightly pulled).
- Take dough out of bowl and cut in half
- Work each ball by pulling down the sides and tucking under the bottom of the ball. Repeat 4 or 5 times.
- Cover the dough with loosely fitted plastic wrap and let rest 15 to 20 minutes.
- At this point, the balls can be used or wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Put the pizza together
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine shredded chicken and Franks Red Hot Sauce. Set aside.
- Place dough onto a large pizza stone and stretch to edge.
- Brush dough with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then sprinkle with garlic either minced or put through a garlic press.
- Top crust with one can of diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle half of the chicken on top of tomatoes.
- Top with 2 cups of cheddar cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle top with blue cheese dressing , cut and serve.
- * Recipe is for two large pizzas. So repeat with remaining ingredients on another stone.
Whether your team made it to Super Bowl 50 or your just at the party for the food and commercials you’ll be a Super Bowl party hero if you show up with this Buffalo Chicken Pizza!
Here are a few more of my favorite Game Day party foods for you to try. Just click on the picture for the recipe.