An easy meal for a busy weeknight that will have your family raving! Tender chicken breasts topped with a creamy garlic and basil spread, fresh mozzarella and a sliced Roma tomatoes, then baked in the oven to create this delicious Chicken Caprese.
A few weeks ago I shared a recipe for Caprese Tartlets and I’ve been dreaming about those delicious flavors ever since! So I was inspired to use those flavors to create a meal out of it. Brillant!
Everyone was raving about this Caprese Chicken and my daughter thought it tasted like something she would order at a fancy restaurant!
My kids are always very honest about what they like or don’t like. If I have an epic fail in the kitchen they definitely aren’t afraid to let me know so it’s really nice to hear them rave when I’ve made something awesome!
This was an extra special treat for my daughter. She loves cheese but hasn’t been eating it for a while because of her lactose intolerance. Now that we seem to have it under control she was just able to take a Lactaid pill before eating it so she could enjoy it.
A meal that’s this easy to make and so unbelievably tasty will definitely be made on a regular basis. A new family favorite to add to the repertoire!
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Roma tomatoes ,sliced
- 1 ,4 ounce ball Fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 3 Ounces Cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried basil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh basil leaves ,chiffonade
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Place chicken breasts in a roasting dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese with garlic powder and dried basil.
- Spread over chicken breasts. Top each with a slice of fresh mozzarella and a few slices of tomatoes.
- Bake for *20-30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove when done and top with fresh basil, olive oil and vinegar.
- *Cook time will vary depending on the size of chicken breasts.
Make this Chicken Caprese for your family tonight and they’ll think you’re a Rockstar in the kitchen!
Here are some more great chicken recipes that are tried and true family favorites. Just click on the picture for the recipe.
If you would like to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ just click on the social media buttons at the top right hand corner of the page and it will bring you right to my page. Once you’re there just hit “like” or “follow”! Easy! It’s a great way for you to see when I add something new!
Oh yeah….and if you would like to share this recipe you can just use the share buttons right at the bottom of this post. I would appreciate it so much! Sharing is caring!
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties: