Chocolate Espresso Pistachio Balls are the perfect little cookie to add to your cookie swap recipes. Chocolate and espresso are always a delightful combination and the added crunch from the pistachios make them simply irresistible! I dare you to just eat one!
I usually make these yummy little bite size cookies along with Snowball Cookies, Biscotti and Chocolate Pizzettes. It makes a beautiful little cookie tray to bring to holiday parties, cookie swaps or for Santa to munch on!
Life can get quite hectic preparing for the holidays. One of the best things about this recipe is how quick and easy it is to put together. These cookies also freeze well too so if you like to get some of your baking done ahead of time this recipe is perfect for you. You may want to wait to add the cocoa powder coating until after you thaw them though.
Put a plate of Chocolate Espresso Pistachio Balls out for Santa this year and you’ll surely make it on to the “Nice” list!
Chocolate Espresso Pistachio Balls
- 3/4 Cups Unsalted butter ,softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cup Unbleached flour
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon Instant coffe grounds
- 1 Large egg
- 2 ounces Semisweet chocolate ,melted
- 3/4 Cup Pistachios ,finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons (each) Cocoa powder and confectioner sugar for coating (mixed together in a bowl)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg and mix until smooth. Add melted chocolate and mix well. Gradually add flour and coffee and mix to incorporate. Mix in pistachios.
- Roll dough into one inch size balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Roll cooled cookies in a mixture of cocoa powder and confectioner sugar.
If you love these Chocolate Espresso Pistachio Balls and are looking for more great cookie recipes try some of these!
If you would like to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ just click on the social media buttons at the top right hand corner of the page and it will bring you right to my page. Once you’re there just hit “like” or “follow”! Easy! It’s a great way for you to see when I add something new!
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties: