This Chocolate Pistachio Souffle only takes 30 minutes to make and is gluten free and dairy free. The perfect dessert for your next dinner party!After making the Mango Passion Fruit Souffle last week I couldn’t wait to make this Chocolate Pistachio Souffle! Sometimes that chocolate craving just kicks in and nothing else can satisfy it. In just 30 minutes you can satisfy your chocolate craving with this delectable dessert!
I absolutey loved the velvety consistency of this chocolate souffle. It reminded me of my favorite Flourless Chocolate Cake. Anytime I can find a dessert as delicious as this that’s gluten free and dairy free makes me happy since we have some intolerances in our house. I like to be able to make yummy treats that everyone can enjoy without suffering any after effects.
Even if you don’t need to eat a dairy free or gluten free diet you’re in for a real treat when you take a bite out of these! It’s like biting into a little chocolate cloud!
Chocolate Pistachio Souffle
- 1/4 Cup Pistachio nuts ,ground
- 5 Ounces Semisweet dark chocolate ,chopped
- 4 Large Eggs ,separated
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 teasoons Cornstarch
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Lightly grease six 3/4 cup ramekins and lightly dust with about 1 tablespoon of the ground pistachios. (This will help the souffle rise.) Place them on a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water and stir until smooth and no lumps are left. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile,beat the egg whites in a large bowl withe a handheld mixer until stiff, then gradually mix in half of the sugar until glossy.
- Stir the remaining sugar, egg yolks and corn starch into the cooled chocolate mixture. Gently fold some of the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the remainder, with the rest of the pistachios. Fill each ramekin to the top and spread to level.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and dust with cocoa powder and serve immediately.
- ** Your souffle will fall a bit as it cools.
This Chocolate Pistachio Souffle taste delicious both warm or cool but for the most impressive results it’s best to serve it hot. Just pop them in the oven 20 minutes before you’re ready for dessert and then watch faces light up when you serve them!
Sharing at-Wow Us Wednesday
Here are some of my other favorite chocolate treats for you to try. Just click on the picture for the recipe.